Happy National Dog Day! Today, August 26, is a day to celebrate our favorite canine companions!
Here are 20 ways to celebrate, from NationalDogDay.com!
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
- Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
- Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
- Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy….or two…or five.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
How do you plan on celebrating? Send us photos of your National Dog Day celebration and we will share them in our next post!