Are you or your child a fan of the PAW Patrol TV show? Need a refresher on those adorable dog’s names? No worries, we have you covered!
What Is PAW Patrol?
PAW Patrol is a Nickelodeon TV Show hosted on Nick Jr. that follows Ryder and his crew of search and rescue dogs. The crew works together to protect their homeland, Adventure Bay, as well as the surrounding areas.
The pups all have their own skillsets and live in doghouses that convert to Pupmobiles for their various missions. Each crew member uses pup packs filled with specialized supplies to help them get their jobs done.
The PAW Patrol crew lives by the saying, “No job is too big; no pup is too small”.
In addition to the Nick Jr. show, Paw Patrol has extended to a movie and spin-off video game entitled: “PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls”. The show has also extended to real-world experiences via PAW Patrol Live. Fans can also enjoy the “PAW Patrol Mighty Pups: Save Adventure Bay” game.
Rubble is an English bulldog puppy who handles construction-related work. He drives a bulldozer-style truck that has several kinds of drills. He’s also the youngest member of the PAW Patrol. Rubble is voiced by Devan Cohen.
Marshall is a Dalmatian puppy who is the crew’s fire pup. He puts out fires, rescues those stranded in high places, and also doubles as a medic in Adventure Bay. Marshall is voiced by Gage Munroe and Drew Davis.
Chase is a German shepherd puppy who is a police and traffic cop dog. He keeps things in order, directs traffic, and also doubles as a tracker when needed. Chase is voiced by Max Calinescu and Tristan Samuel.
Zuma is an chocolate Labrador puppy who handles aquatic-related issues using his speedboat-shaped hovercraft. This aquatic rescue pup also has a slight speech impediment. Zuma is voiced by Alex Thorne and Carter Thorne.
Rocky is a mixed breed puppy who is all about recycling! Fittingly, he wears a green get up, and he often uses recycled objects to fix broken things in the PAW Patrol series. Rocky is voiced by Stuart Ralston and Samuel Faraci.
Skye is a Cockapoo (cocker spaniel x poodle), who is the first female puppy on the show! She handles aerial support, keeping an eye on things from the skies with her helicopter. Skye is voiced by Kallan Holley in PAW Patrol.
Everest is a husky and is the gang’s snowy mountain female puppy (hence her mountain-inspired name). She’s a pro at clearing snow from blocked roads and lives on a ski resort. Everest is voiced by Berkley Silverman.
Tracker is a brown-and-white Chihuahua puppy who is the team’s jungle, exploring, and wildlife pup. He drives a jeep and has super hearing. This jungle pup is voiced by David Lopez.
Rex is a Bernese Mountain dog, who uses a walker to carry his hind legs. He is an expert on Dinosaurs and is keen to share his knowledge with the other pups. Rex is voiced by Luxton Handspiker.
Other PAW Patrol Character Names for Dogs
These PAW Patrol characters may take a backseat to the main crew, but they’re just as important! From Farmer Yumi to Mr. Porter, they all play important roles on the show!
Consider naming your dog after this complete list of PAW Patrol characters:
- Alex Porter: Alex Porter is Mr. Porter’s grandson voiced by Christian Distefano.
- Arrby: Sid’s dachshund sidekick.
- Cali: Katie’s cat, known for his large appetite.
- Cap’n Turbot: The marine biologist of Adventure Bay with a thick French accent. He also happens to be PAW Patrol’s most frequent caller and lives in the Seal Island lighthouse.
- Carlos: An explorer who lives in the jungle alongside Tracker, the jungle rescue pup.
- Chickaletta: Mayor Goodway’s pet chicken.
- Farmer Yumi: Farmer Yumi is the town farmer and wife of Farmer Al.
- Francois Turbot: A French Zoologist who lives in the Seal Island lighthouse.
- Jake: The snowboarding owner of Everest, who lives on the ski resort.
- Katie: The veterinarian at the pet clinic and groomer in PAW Patrol.
- Liberty: A curious long-haired Dachshund.
- Mayor Goodway: The mayor of Adventure Bay.
- Mayor Humdinger: Mayor Goodway’s competitor in Foggy Bottom.
- Mr. Porter: The grocery store owner in Adventure.
- Raimundo: A circus ringmaster.
- Ryder: The leader of PAW Patrol who runs The Lookout as a 10-year-old-boy.
- Sid Swashbuckle: A mischievous pirate in the PAW Patrol universe.
- Sweetie: The Princess of Barkingburg.
- Tuck and Ella: Golden retriever twin sister pups with superpowers.
- Wally: A walrus and Cap’n Turbot’s favorite companion.
PAW Patrol FAQ
Have some more questions about PAW Patrol? Still looking for more dog-name inspiration from the cartoon? We answer some of the most common questions about the show below!
What is the PAW Patrol theme song (and what are the lyrics)?
The PAW Patrol theme song is simply called the PAW Patrol Opening Theme. According to MusixMatch, the lyrics are:
Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol, we’ll be there on the double
Whenever there’s a problem around Adventure Bay
Ryder and his team of pups will come and save the day
Marshall, Rubble, Chase, Chucky, Zuma, Skye
They’re on the way!
Paw patrol, Paw Patrol, whenever you’re in trouble
Paw Patrol Paw Patrol, we’ll be there on the double
No job’s too big
No pups too small
Paw Patrol, we’re on the roll!
So here we go
Paw Patrol, whoa whoa whoa
Paw Patrol, whoa whoa whoa
What dog breeds are on PAW Patrol?
Some of the most important characters on PAW Patrol represent the following breeds: Siberian husky, Cockapoo, German shepherd, Bernese mountain dog, Labrador retriever, English bulldog, Dalmatian, and Chihuahua.
Does PAW Patrol have a fandom?
It sure does! You can connect with other PAW Patrol fans here.
When did PAW Patrol start and end?
PAW Patrol first aired on August 12, 2013 and it is still on the air to this day!
Other Cartoon Character Dog Names
These cartoon canines aren’t in PAW Patrol, but they still make perfect inspiration for your fur ball! Consider these cartoon dog names:
- Astro (The Jetsons)
- Bandit (Jonny Quest)
- Bolt (Bolt)
- Clifford (Clifford the Big Red Dog)
- Cooper (Trolls and Trolls World Tour)
- Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
- Dino (The Flintstones)
- Fifi (Tiny Toon Adventures)
- Goddard (Jimmy Neutron)
- Goofy (Disney)
- Gromit (Wallace and Gromit)
- Hector (Looney Tunes)
- Huckleberry Hound (The Huckleberry Hound Show)
- Jake (Adventure Time)
- Jock (Lady and the Tramp)
- Krypto (Krypto the Superdog)
- Lady (Lady and the Tramp)
- Max (The Secret Life of Pets)
- Mr. Peabody (Mr. Peabody & Sherman)
- Muttley (Wacky Races)
- Odie (Garfield)
- Perdita (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)
- Pongo (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)
- Poochie (The Itchy & Scratchy Show)
- Scooby–Doo (Scooby-Doo)
- Snoopy (Peanuts)
- Snuffles (The Quick Draw McGraw Show)
- Spike (Tom and Jerry)
- Trusty (Lady and the Tramp)
How To Pick Your Dog’s Name
Are you still having trouble picking out the right name for your pooch? Employ the tips below to help land on the right moniker for your mutt:
- Pick a name that will stick. It’s not the end of the world if you have to chage your dog’s name, but it’s best to pick a single name and stick with it so that you dog can create positive associations with his name. Make sure you pick a name for your pooch that has longevity, so it will still fit whether you have a puppy or a golden oldie.
- Try to find something short and sweet. Short or single syllable dog names make it easy for you to call your canine companion quickly. If your dog has a longer name, try to create a shorthand nickname.
- Steer away from names that sound similar to common commands. Understanding human is a difficult feat for any floof, so try to make things easier on your dog by avoiding names that sound too close to common commands. For instance, the name “Ray” may sound too similar to “Stay.”
Looking for more dog names? See our posts on:
All character images taken from the PAW Patrol Wiki.