Finally, that once-in-a-lifetime day is here.
You’ve compiled the guest list, secured catering, and made sure that everything is perfect for your wedding. Everyone has their dress or tuxedo of choice — except your pup!
But don’t worry, there are a variety of great wedding-themed collars on the market, that’ll help ensure your dog looks his best for the ceremony and reception!
We’ll dive into some of our favorite options below and point out a few important things to keep in mind when trying to pick the best wedding collar for your four footer.
But, if you’re in a hurry, just check out our quick picks for some fast recommendations!
Quick Picks: Awesome Wedding Collars for Your Canine
- USP Pet Soft & Comfy Bow Tie Collar — This fashionable and functional collar provides a quick, easy, and affordable way to dress up your dog on your wedding day.
- Blueberry Pet Floral Dog Collar — There’s simply no better option for your four-footed flower girl than this adorable collar with removable flowers.
- Tail Trends Formal Dog Tuxedo — If your wedding is a truly formal affair, this faux tuxedo will help your pupper fit right in with the wedding party and guests.
Types of Dog Wedding Collars
Wedding collars for dogs come in a couple of different styles.
Some are built like traditional collars, others are made to attach to your dog’s existing collar, and some are more of a fancy bandana, which can be used with or without a collar.
To help you pick the best option for your pooch, we’ll discuss some of the differences between the various styles below.
Traditional-Style Wedding Dog Collar
These collars are essentially traditional, standard collars that have added decorations or wedding-appropriate flair. They typically fasten with a metal or plastic buckle and fit snugly around your dog’s neck.
These types of collars may not be ideal for day-to-day use, but they’ll work fantastically for your big day. They also give you a simple way to keep your doggo securely leashed, while still looking great for the occasion.
Collar overlays are not actual collars — they don’t feature a D-ring to attach a leash to, nor do they fit snugly around your pet’s neck. Rather, these overlays are generally pieces of fabric that lay on top of an existing collar.
Although they cannot be used in substitution of a collar, these overlays are often fantastic looking and provide an easy way to fancy up your dog’s wedding day attire.
If you don’t want to select a collar or collar overlay, you may want to consider a decorative bandana.
Bandanas can be used in conjunction with a collar or on their own (we’d obviously recommend using them with a collar for safety’s sake), and they often mimic the appearance of wedding dresses or tuxedos.
Not only are these bandanas super cute, but they are also very easy to put on Spot’s neck.
The Eight Best Dog Collars for Weddings
Each doggo is different, so be sure to choose wedding attire that suits your canine’s sense of style and is well-suited for his size and shape.
1. USP Pet Soft & Comfy Bow Tie Collar
About: The USP Bow Tie Collar is a two-piece garment that features a collar and a removable bow tie. This means you’ll be able to continue using the collar long after the wedding has concluded.
- Size: XXS Collar =(length:7"-11", width:3/8"); XXS Bow=(length:3.25", width: 1.75")
- We use the best designer fabrics, they are durable, comfortable and safe. All the hardware and...
- Made with pure cotton fabric that can not harm your furbaby skin ,with welded D-ring to add...
- Each bowtie is hand-sewn and attached to collar using an elastic strap. they are not...
Features: This functional and fashionable collar has a metal D-ring and buckle, so you can attach your pup’s leash directly to it.
Each Bow Tie Collar is made-to-order and available in six different color and pattern options, so you should be able to find one that matches the color palette of your ceremony.
The USP Bow Tie Collar comes in sizes ranging from XX-Small to X-Large which is notable since pup clothing accessories are rarely made in sizes big enough for large dogs
Most customers loved the way the USP Bow Tie Collar looked and praised the craftsmanship and attention to detail used in its construction. The removable bow tie makes washing the collar quick and easy.
Some customers found that the clasp scratched somewhat easily. But this is a relatively minor issue, which probably shouldn’t stand in your way if you think the collar is otherwise perfect for your pooch.
2. Leepets Dog Collar
About: The Leepets Dog Collar is an adorable collar that includes a festive bandana or bowtie for extra style points.
- Size M: Width: 3/4", neck girth:14 1/2"-17", 6 holes for adjustment, always check your pet's neck...
- Comfy and quality puppy collar, soft PU leather padded, alloy hardware, metal buckle and, durable...
- Adorable flower pattern printed dog bow collar for female and male makes your pet handsome and...
- Unique fancy small dog collar as festival holiday gift for birthday wedding special occasions...
Features: The Leepets Dog Collar is a fully functional collar, meaning that it comes with a buckle to ensure a good fit and a D-ring to which you can clip your pupper’s leash. Each collar is available with a bowtie or bandana, and you can pair it with a matching leash.
This collar comes in four different colors and three different sizes, but most are designed for relatively small canines. Just make sure to measure your dog’s neck carefully to avoid sizing issues.
Overall, most owners loved this product and found it to be adorable easy to put on their pooch. A few owners also praised the high quality of leather used to make the collar.
Some customers found that their puppy tore apart the stitching pretty quickly, so this probably isn’t the best pick for dogs who are destructive chewers. A small number of owners reported one-off problems with the collar they received, but customer support was quick to reply to dissatisfied customers and offer a credit or free replacement of the collar.
3. Lionet Paws Collar Bow Tie
About: The Lionet Paws Collar Bow Tie is a cute and functional collar that includes all the components of a regular collar, as well as a detachable bow tie.
- [DIMENSION]: Bowtie-XL=2.75"(7cm) x 4.9"(12.5cm),Collar-XL=1.5"(3.8cm) x 16"~26"(40cm~66cm) The...
- [PRETTY BOWTIE DESIGN]: The bow tie is attachable to the collar for dressing up. Each bowtie is...
- [SUPERIOR MATERIAL]: The products are made of cotton fabric which is thick and durable. The buckles...
- [OCCASION]: Ideal for family photos, wedding, birthday parties, outdoor activities and so on. Lionet...
Features: The Lionet Paws Bow Tie features a metal buckle and D-ring so a leash can be directly attached to it, and it is made completely out of cotton, making this an excellent pick for pooches with sensitive skin.
The collar is available in sizes ranging from X-small to X-large, so even gentle giants should be able to rock this collar on your big day.
This collar comes in five different colors, and the bow tie itself can be attached to any standard collar, so you can use it to spruce up your pupper’s current collar too.
The Lionet Paws Bow Tie received very positive reviews from most owners who purchased it. Almost all found the bow tie exceedingly cute, and several praised its sturdiness too.
There were hardly any bad reviews for the Lionet Bow Tie Collar, but a few customers were disappointed that the bows did not appear exactly like they do in the photos.
4. Beirui Rhinestone Leather Dog Collar
About: If you’re into glitz and glam, the Beirui Rhinestone Leather Dog Collar is a perfect choice. This collar-bowtie combo is the perfect way to add a little extra bling to your pup, so he will look stunning on your wedding day.
- RHINESTONE WITH DOUBLE BOWKNOT - Sparkling crystal diamonds set with lovely double pink, red, black...
- MAKE SURE THE SIZE BEFORE ORDER - XXS--Neck for 6-8"-Total Length 10";XS--Neck for 8-10"-Total...
- NOT ONLY ADORABLE BUT ALSO DURABLE - Face flocking and leather liner, It makes your dog become...
- FASHION AND STYLISH - This Crystal Rhinestone metal hardware clasp ,bling dog collar for small...
Features: Beirui Rhinestone Collar comes in three different colors and is best-suited for small breeds. The collar is constructed out of suede and has an adjustable metal buckle and D-ring leash attachment. It is also important to note that this collar comes with a single bow instead of a double bow like many of the others on the market.
Because it is made from suede and features rhinestones, you can’t machine-wash this collar. So, it is really best reserved for special occasions, rather than everyday use.
Many customers loved how cute this collar was and most were very happy with their purchase. Additionally, while most owners were happy with the product upon arrival, those who did experience problems praised Beirui’s customer service-department, who quickly worked to resolve any issues.
Some customers found the original smell out of the packaging to be distasteful, so if you select this collar, plan to hand wash and dry it before putting it on your pooch.
5. Blueberry Pet Floral Dog Collar
About: If your pup is more of a flower girl than a dapper-dan, the Blueberry Pet Floral Dog Collar is an excellent choice.
- Neck 12"-16", Width 5/8", Size Small; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave...
- The collar is not for tie out. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a collar on
- A felt flower accessory is attached to the collar for dressing up. It can be taken off. The webbing...
- This collar is a single product. Its matching leash (B075K7W4XS) /harness (B075KCK75M) sold...
Features: Designed for long-term, repeated use, this fully functional (and supremely cute) collar features a small cluster of felt flowers that can be removed after your big day is over.
The Blueberry Collar is designed for small breeds, and it comes in two different sizes: 7.5-10 inches and 12-16 inches. A leash can be attached directly to the collar, and Blueberry also offers matching leash options for extra style coordination. The collar comes in black, white, navy, lavender, and light blue.
Blueberry Collar has a plastic buckle, so you won’t have to worry about it becoming scratched. It’s also worth noting that Blueberry took care to design the collar so that the flowers remain out of chewing reach.
Overall, most customers loved how durable this collar was — even when used with mischievous puppies. Most owners also found the material to be super soft, making it great for pooches with sensitive skin.
There weren’t many complaints about the Blueberry Collar, but a few customers found that the sizing chart runs a little on the larger size, so you may want to order a size smaller when purchasing this collar.
6. Heypet Adjustable Bow Tie
About: The Heypet Adjustable Bow Tie offers a super snazzy way to keep Fido looking fancy. Simply slip the bowtie over your Pooch’s traditional collar, and he’ll be ready for your big day!
- Made of polyster and cotton
- This bow tie collar has strong magic tape closure at each ends, you can adjust to a length where...
- Suitable for your friends Neck Girth from 11.8’’ to 14.2’’ (30-36cm). please measure the...
- Suitable for your friends Neck Girth from 11.8’’ to 14.2’’ (30-36cm). please measure the...
Features: These bow ties are not substitutions for collars; they’re collar overlays, meaning there is no way to directly attach a leash to this bow tie. This makes it a great option for pooches who already have a collar that just needs some extra pizazz.
The Heypet Bow Tie comes in one size, so it is only suitable for small pets. The collar is elastic and made to easily slip on or off, so it’s also a good option for pups who don’t love wearing fancy garments.
It comes in a whopping 10 different colors, so you should definitely be able to find one that’ll fit in perfectly with your guest’s attire.
Most customers loved the bow tie’s adorable appearance, as well as how easy it was to put the tie on their pooch.
Most owners liked the Heypet Bow Tie, but a few found that it ran a bit large. A few also mentioned that it wasn’t especially durable, so it’s probably best-suited for special occasions, instead of daily use.
7. Tail Trends Formal Dog Tuxedo
About: If you envision your pup looking as snazzy as the groom, the Tail Trends Formal Dog Tuxedo is a great choice. An add-on piece of attire, this “tuxedo” attaches to the front of your pet’s collar so that he gets the illusion of a full suit without the hassle.
- Dress your furry friend up to the nines! These dog wedding bandanas are offered in different styles...
- Scoop neckline for comfortable wear featuring neck or bow tie along with decorative buttons to show...
- Tie the bandana around the neck for quick wear or convert it into a slip-over-the-collar bandana for...
- X-Small Size fits 6" - 10" inch neck line with dimensions 15" X 3.75" inches (W X L), while the...
Features: The Tail Trends Tuxedo comes in 10 different styles all inspired by various famous gentlemen: There’s the “Mr.Darcy”, the “Beethoven”, and the “Don Quixote” to name a few. Since it is essentially a decorative bandana, you’ll need to use another pup collar in conjunction with the Tail Trends Formal Tux.
This Tuxedo comes in sizes ranging from X-small to X-large, so you should be able to find one that’ll fit dogs of just about any size. The bandana is also super lightweight for comfort’s sake, and it features sewn-on buttons for additional aesthetic appeal.
Most owners who tried this tie were impressed by its impressive craftsmanship. Several also mentioned that it was very easy to put this bandana on their pup. Most pooches didn’t seem bothered by the tux’s presence, and of course, it looks adorable.
There were very few critical reviews for this product, but some customers found that the fabric dyes would bleed a bit in the laundry. So, if you plan to pick this tux, understand that you’ll likely need to hand wash it.
8. NACOCO Wedding Tuxedo
About: The NACOCO Wedding Tuxedo is a cute and functional tuxedo-style bandana that is easy to tie around your pup’s neck.
- Handmade bowtie,handsome and cute,Fit for Wedding Party or Halloween etc.
- Upper material: satin; Backside material: waterproof nylon fabric, dirt proof
- Fits most breed dog, such as golden retriever, chow chow and sheepdog
- Biggest neck circumference is 28.3", minimum neck circumference is 21.3"
Features: The NACOCO Wedding Tuxedo comes in two different colors and features a mock button-up white shirt and a crisp, black suit. This tux also comes with a lapel that you can put a doggie-sized boutonniere in.
The bowtie is handmade, and the bandana itself is made of nylon, making it dirt and waterproof so your messy doggo can still clean up nice. This choice is best for medium to large breeds, as it covers a lot of surface area.
Unlike some other tuxedo-style bandanas, which can be difficult to see amid the long hair of some puppers, the NACOCO Wedding Tuxedo is large enough to cover your pup’s fur and lay nicely on his chest.
Most customers loved how easy this tux was to put on, as well as the fact that it is big enough for large breeds. It’s also a lightweight option, which means it probably won’t cause your pooch to overheat while wearing it.
Overall, this bandana had few poor reviews, other than some owners wished it was available in sizes appropriate for smaller breeds.
If you like the look of the NACOCO Wedding Tux but are looking for something more full-bodied, check out our article on the best dog wedding attire!
Alternatively, if none of these options suit you, we have a great collection of unique dog collars that aren’t as formal as these options, but add a splash of fun and personality to your dog’s attire.
Keep Your Canine Safe During Your Wedding Ceremony
Although these fancy collars sure are cute, it’s important to keep your pup’s safety and security in mind when dressing him up for your big day. Just follow the tips listed below to keep your furbaby safe during your ceremony (and the reception!).
- Many of these collars are meant to be used on special occasions rather than every day, so be sure to inspect the collar regularly for signs of wear. They will likely be a bit more fragile and less durable than standard collars.
- As a safety precaution, practice wearing the decorative collar before the big day to make sure it provides a secure and comfortable fit.
- Make sure you’re clipping your leash directly to the collar’s D-ring. With all of the fancy flare, it’s easy to get distracted. Collar overlays and bandanas should be used in addition to a traditional collar.
Remember, no cute look is worth putting your pooch at risk, so always keep safety at the forefront of your mind when using these fancy collars.
Having your best furry friend join you during your special day will make for a memorable experience you both will treasure forever. He’s been with you through thick and thin, he might have even helped you propose, and now he’ll look his best to help you get hitched!
These decorative collars can accentuate that experience, and give your pooch a chance to show off his fancy side!
Have you tried out any of these pup collars? What event did your pooch get fancy for? We’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!