Going out with your dog is great for switching up your routine and bonding with your barker, but it isn’t always easy in a big city like Dallas.
Or is it?
Believe it or not, Dallas is an incredibly dog-friendly city, boasting plenty of pup-positive businesses, including bars where you can beat the heat with your canine and grab a cold one.
Below, we’ll share the best dog-friendly bars in Dallas and run through some tips for making the most of your visit.
The 15 Best Dog-Friendly Bars in Dallas
We’ve lassoed the best dog-friendly bars in Dallas, ranging from sniffer-positive saloons to barkin’ good breweries. Let’s see where your next four-footed adventure might take you.
1. Strokers Ice House
About: Bounce to this biker bar’s outdoor seating area for a great afternoon with your pooch. In addition to sipping on beer, you can chow down on bar grub like burgers, tots, and grilled cheese your doggo will love to eyeball.
Address: 9310 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235
Phone Number: (214) 351-5252
- Open Sunday to Thursday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM
- Since this is a biker bar, the noise of incoming and outgoing bikes may startle some sniffers
- Check out the rotating specials daily to save some of your doggy dollars
2. Old 75 Beer Garden
About: Ride to Richardson with your Rover for a barker-welcoming beer garden experience offering various seating options from high-tops to picnic tables in 20,000 square feet of outdoor space. Beer, wine, and liquor options are plentiful, as are dining dishes, from casual eats like burgers to decadent desserts like s’mores cake.
Address: 740 S. Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080
Phone Number: (866) 653-7524
- Open 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM Tuesday and Wednesday, 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM Thursday, 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM Sunday, and closed on Monday
- Happy Hour is Tuesday to Thursday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Live music can get noisy, spooking some sniffers
3. Uptown Pub
About: Hang out at one of this pub’s pooch-friendly outdoor tables with your four-footer, which offers plenty of elbow room between tables (something that not every dog-friendly establishment can say). Beer, wine, cocktails, and shots await, though your dog will most likely appreciate drooling over the bar’s food menu, packed with patty melts, burgers, and more.
Address: 3605 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75204
Phone Number: (214) 522-5100
- Bar hours are Sunday to Saturday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM
- Live music every Friday, which may be too loud for some doggos
4. Katy Ice House
About: Located near the famous 3.5-mile Katy Trail, this place is the perfect pup-friendly patio space to grab a cold one with your woof after a walk. The drink menu is bursting with awesome beer and cocktails, and you don’t want to miss the barbecue, with meats like ribs and brisket that’ll leave your dog sniffing up a storm.
Address: 3127 Routh Street, Dallas, TX 75201
Phone Number: (214) 468-0600
- Open 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM Saturday and Sunday
- Happy Hour is Monday to Friday from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
5. Goodfriend Beer Garden & Burger House
About: Your well-mannered woof is welcome to join in the fun at this establishment’s beer garden, where you can dine on delectable burgers that’ll pair nicely with their assortment of draft, bottled, and canned beers. Other booze options include seltzers, wine, and cocktails.
Address: 1154 Peavy Rd, Dallas, TX 75218
Phone Number: (214) 324-3335
- Open from 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM Friday, 12:00 Am to 12:00 PM Saturday, and 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM Sunday
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
6. Bucky Moonshine’s Southern Eats and Bar
About: Located in Deep Ellum, this Dallas drinking staple welcomes pups on the patio, where you can sip beer and cocktails while snacking on Southern cuisine like fried green tomatoes and gator bites. The outdoor area is covered, too, protecting you and your pooch from the Dallas sun.
Address: 2912 Elm St, Dallas, TX 75226
Phone Number: (214) 748-6901
- Open 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Tuesday, 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday, 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Sunday, and closed Monday
- Occasionally, there’s live music, which may bother your barker’s ears
7. Happiest Hour
About: With a whopping 50 beers on tap, the huge dog-friendly patio of this bar’s the place to be for a cold drink with your canine. You can also catch a game with your fur fan, as over 30 TVs throughout the bar blast sports action.
Address: 2616 Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201
Phone Number: (972) 528-0067
- Open Monday to Wednesday from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM, 4:00 PM to 2:00 AM Thursday and Friday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM Saturday, and 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM Sunday
- Check the events calendar to ensure you don’t visit during any events that may be overwhelming to your dog
8. Texas Tapyard
About: Pup-friendly picnic tables with umbrellas await you and your woof at this drinking spot, serving beer, cocktails, seltzers, and shots. You can also find games and awesome eats, including burgers, nachos, and fried pickles.
Address: 3675 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204
Phone Number: (469) 608-1780
- Open 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM Monday to Thursday, 3:00 PM to 2:00 AM Friday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM Saturday, and 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM Sunday
- Lots of nearby free parking allows for easy entry
9. Outfit Brewing
About: Canines are welcome in the covered outdoor seating area of this drinking hole, best-known for brewing IPAs, stouts, and ales. Food trucks visit on the weekends, and you can catch live music occasionally, though you may want to skip noisier gatherings with your doggo.
Address: 7135 John W. Carpenter Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247
Phone Number: (469) 909-8240
- Open 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM Tuesday to Thursday, 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Friday, 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM Saturday, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Sunday, and closed Monday
- Rotating specials on weekdays helps you save mutt money
10. White Rock Ale House
About: Found in Arboretum Village, this brewery’s outdoor garden permits pooches and serves a rotating list of housemade beer. You can also munch on bar food classics, including fish and chips, chicken wings, and tots.
Address: 7331 Gaston Ave #100, Dallas, TX 75214
Phone Number: (214) 989-7570
- Open 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday to Thursday, 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday, and 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Sunday
- There are occasional pup-themed events like Smooches & Pooches
- Watch for live music events that may be too loud for some pups
11. Truck Yard
About: Scamper to this barker-friendly beer garden with your best bud to savor housemade cheesesteaks and nachos, or dig into something from one of the food trucks that frequent the space. Choose from beer, cocktails, wine, and house-infused spirits to sip on, and be sure to look for dog-friendly ice cream to keep your canine cool.
Address: 5624 Sears St, Dallas, TX 75206
Phone Number: (469) 500-0139
- Open Monday to Wednesday from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM, Thursday to Sunday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Daily live music can be too loud for some four-footers
12. Cold Beer Company
About: This Deep Ellum dog-friendly bar is popular for its good vibes and great drink selection of cocktails and beer, including local options. Floofs are permitted on the patio, where you can also score food like burgers, hot dogs, and tacos.
Address: 3600 Main St, Dallas, TX 75226
Phone Number: (214) 701-3226
- Open 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM from Monday to Friday, 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM Saturday and Sunday
- Happy Hour is Monday to Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
13. Lakewood Brewing
About: Your dog is welcome on the covered patio portion of this Garland brewery, known for its stouts, lagers, and IPAs. You can indulge in food, too, including smoke brisket sandwiches, Caesar salads, and pizzas.
Address: Lakewood Brewing Co., 2302 Executive Drive, Garland, TX 75041
Phone Number: (972) 864-2337
- Open Monday to Thursday from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and Sunday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- It can get crowded, so this isn’t the place for canines who need calm environments
14. Mutts Canine Cantina
About: Designed to be the ultimate doggo destination, this bar-restaurant-dog park combination has the food and drinks you crave and the fun your Fido adores, with no membership needed for a bar visit. Don’t forget to check out the dog menu, offering pupsicles and chopped beef hotdogs.
Address: 2889 Cityplace W Blvd, Dallas, TX 75204
Phone Number: (214) 377-8723
- Bar is open from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday to Friday and 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
- Yappy Hour specials are available from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM on weekdays and 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM on weekends
- The dog park is open from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM daily (closes during extreme temperatures and rain and requires a membership to visit)
15. Bowen House
About: Modeled after the Victoria era, this fancy bar has a pup-friendly patio space where you can enjoy a classy cocktail with your canine, including vodka-, gin-, and whiskey-based beverages. The food’s a must-try, too, like cacio e pepe, potato dauphinoise, and brown butter branzino.
Address: 2614 Boll St, Dallas, TX 75204
Phone Number: (214) 484-1385
- Open 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM Sunday to Tuesday, 4:00 PM to 2:00 AM Wednesday to Saturday
- Happy Hour is every day from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Ways to Make Your Barkin’ Bar Visit a Hit
A positive pup experience at the bar requires that you prepare long before you enter the establishment. But don’t stress: With a few precautions; you’ll be good to go! We’ve got you covered with the basics.
To make the most of your dog-friendly bar trip:
- Sip responsibly: A barkin’ bar visit isn’t the time to get hammered. You’re responsible for your Rover, so remain sober and clear-headed. Sip slowly, savoring your beverage and time out with your doggy. If your drink is more potent than expected, call a ride-share or taxi for a ride home so everyone’s safe.
- Potty your pup: Don’t risk a patio puddle or worse. Walk your doggo so he can do his business outside the bar area. Be sure to bring extra dog poop bags, too.
- Exercise your dog in advance: Relaxing with a wired-up woof isn’t easy. Burn off energy before visiting the bar by walking your pup or taking him to one of the best dog parks in Dallas.
- Keep your dog leashed: Your pup shouldn’t be given free roam of the bar area, nor is he permitted to do so in most dog-friendly bars in Dallas. Stick to a short leash that leaves enough slack for your pup to sit, stand, and lie comfortably.
- Respect the space of others: We know it’s hard to imagine, but not everyone wants to share a cocktail with a canine. Don’t allow your dog to bark at, beg from, or otherwise bother other patrons.
- Don’t share table scraps: Most human food is too rich in salt and fat for Fidos. Some dishes even contain toxic ingredients for dogs. If there isn’t a doggy menu, feed your four-footer treats from home to prevent an upset stomach.
- Only go out with a well-mannered mutt: Bars are noisy, unpredictable environments that don’t mesh with every pup. If your dog is nervous or selective of people and pets, skip the bar and stick to less stressful solo activities, like a hike or backyard picnic.
- Ensure your dog’s shots are up-to-date: Illness is nothing to play around with, and unfortunately, your dog’s at risk of catching infectious diseases when venturing into public spaces, including distemper, parvo, and Bordetella. Rabies vaccinations are especially important if your dog bites someone or another doggo.
- Treat your dog with flea preventative: Anywhere frequented by four-footed can contain fleas. These itchy pests are the last thing you want to deal with after an outing. Prevent them with a flea collar or topical.
Have you been to any of our best dog-friendly bars in Dallas picks? Is there another pup-positive place we missed? Share your experiences with us in the comments. We’d love to hear!