Showing off your pooch’s red, white, and blue spirit has never been easier thanks to made-in-the-USA dog toys.
The market is booming with American-made products ranging from traditional tugs to chews. With so many to choose from, it’s hard to sort the pawesome picks from the duds. We jumped paws first into the play bin to find the best made-in-the-USA dog toys!
We know – it’s a hard job, but somebody’s gotta do it!
Best Made-in-the-USA Dog Toys
Now that you know why we’re wild about made-in-the-USA dog toys, we want to show off the best of the best we retrieved!
1. Goughnuts – Original Dog Chew Ring
About: Pups go nuts about the Goughnuts Original Dog Chew Ring. It’s a strong chew toy that stands up to tough teefers, winning over pup parents while dogs enjoy a good (and safe) chomp.
- Same Rubber the Astronauts Use - Seriously: Our reinforced natural rubber is designed by engineers...
- Multiple Sizes Perfectly Fit Your Pooch: We have sizes for every type of dog jaw and chewing...
- Save Money and Your Sanity: ruined pillows, couches, or clothes that have been chewed up. No more...
- For Strong Chewers: This toy is sized for strong chewers 30-70 pounds with our orignal rubber....
Features: A toy fit for the most challenging chewers, the Goughnuts Original Dog Chew Ring is designed to last…and last, and last.
This toy also has the added safety feature: It contains a colored inner layer that, if exposed, signals owners it’s time to take the toy away before danger strikes. Best of all, the company is so confident in their product that they’ll replace any toy if this layer is reached!
The Original Dog Chew Ring is available in six colors, all of which are equipped with the inner red warning layer.
Pup parents of heavy-duty chewers were blown away by this chew toy’s durability. The texture is a win too, as it doesn’t run the risk of breaking teeth like some chews and is easy to clean. It also floats, which is a major plus if your fur babies love to play fetch in the water.
If we had to gripe about anything, it’d be the material. There’s nothing unsafe about it, but some pups just don’t like gnawing on rubbery toys. This ring might also be too large for small dogs. Also, while this toy is quite tough, super-duper chewers may still be able to make quick work of it.
2. Goughnuts – Indestructible Chew Toy MAXX
About: The Goughnuts – Indestructible Chew Toy MAXX line is a great option for dogs who need a toy that’s even more durable than the Goughnuts Original Chew Ring. This line comes in several styles, from classic ring shapes to stick designs, so there’s something for every pupper.
- THE LAST CHEW TOY YOU'LL NEED: Large toy designed for extreme chewers 60-120lbs by mechanical and...
- MULTIPLE SIZES PERFECTLY FIT YOUR POOCH: We have sizes for every type of dog jaw and chewing...
- SAME RUBBER THE ASTRONAUTS USE – SERIOUSLY, our reinforced natural rubber is designed by engineers...
- GREAT TRAINING TOOL – USED BY K9 UNITS to train their dogs quickly and safely in multiple...
Features: Designed with powerful jaws in mind, the MAXX line is perfect for challenging chewers, so much so that it’s used by many police K9 units!
Like the original Goughnuts line, the MAXX variety comes with the inner safety ring that shows red just in case it’s reached. If this occurs, Goughnuts will replace the toy.
Available in four different styles, including rings and sticks, the Goughnuts MAXX chew toy is a versatile addition to your doggo’s collection.
Even the most monstrous chewers will meet their match with the MAXX line. They can chew away with little to no impact to the toy, putting owner minds (and wallets) at ease. Its material offers some flex, reducing the risk of damaging teeth, and it’s easy to clean with just a rinse under water.
This line is just too large for small breeds. It also has a rubbery feel, which some dogs may find unappealing.
3. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy
About: The West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy earns a happy dance for its multiple size options and durability. It’s a great chew toy for average chewers, and it’ll also work well for games of fetch with your floof.
- DURABLE DOG BONES FOR AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS: If your pampered pooch is an aggressive chewer, then...
- DOG BONE FOR WATER OR LAND: This durable dog bone chew toy is floatable and perfect for playing...
- SAFE ALTERNATIVE TO WOOD STICKS: It’s natural for dogs to want to carry wood sticks around the...
- RECYCLABLE PET TOYS: Not only do these dog bones feature bright colors to easily spot inside or out,...
Features: This West Paw chew is made of heavy-duty material that is innovative, resilient, and 100% non-toxic.
Its natural bone-like shape makes it ideal for chewing and playing fetch alike. And because it floats, the Hurley is also a blast at the pool or beach.
Available in three sizes and four color options, there’s a West Paw toy for every dog.
Multi-dog households will love having several size options available. It’s rare to find chew toys offered in sizes small enough for little guys too, but this one is. The material is a major plus, as it’s gentle enough to avoid dental damage but strong enough to run through the dishwasher if needed. It floats too, making water fetch a possibility.
As with some others, the texture can be off-putting to pickier pups. Also, compared to other chew toys, the Hurley isn’t the most durable option around. This is a good option for average chewers, but power-crunching pups will need something a little more resilient.
4. West Paw Design Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball Dog Chew Toy
About: The West Paw Design Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball Dog Chew Toy is a great option for owners who are ballin’ on a budget. It’s a long-lasting toy that won’t break the bank, and fur babies love to see this thing bounce.
- DURABLE DOG CHEW TOYS: More durable than a tennis ball, the West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Chew Toy is...
- SOFT, BOUNCY DOG BALLS FOR INDOOR/OUTDOOR PLAY: Light enough for kids or adults to throw or roll,...
- DOG BALL TOYS FOR WATER PLAY: Keep your friendly Fido entertained in the pool, lake or river with...
- VARIETY OF SIZES FOR DOGS OF ALL LIFE STAGES: Cater to big dogs or small dogs with the various sizes...
Features: The West Paw Ball’s grooved surface keeps pups guessing with each bounce, making playtime a blast. It’s 100% non-toxic material is gentle on teeth, but durable enough to stand up to everyday use, making it a fantastic value for your four-footer.
Available in three sizes and three bright colors, paw parents have multiple options to choose from.
Tails are wagging over this safer alternative to tennis balls. As fur families with chewers know, nothing is worse than a chomped ball, and this one seems to hold up great! It has a nice bounce to it too, and the unpredictable spring is as fun for humans to watch as it is for pups to chase. It’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe just in case it needs heavy-duty help.
As much as we love the unpredictable bounce, it’s definitely a damage hazard if used indoors (definitely don’t use it around fancy knick knacks!). We’d use caution in selecting sizes too; pick one that’s too small, and you may put your pup at risk of choking.
5. Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Diamond Plate Ball
About: If your pooch loves intense games of fetch, check out the Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Diamond Plate Ball. This tough-as-nails toy is fit for the task like no other.
- DURABLE TREAT-DISPENSING DOG TOY: The Diamond Plate is the toughest Orbee-Tuff dog toy yet! Molded...
- BOUNCY & BUOYANT: As durable as it is fun, the Orbee-Tuff Diamond Plate dog toy can bounce high and...
- MADE IN USA: These bright and bouncy dog ball toys are made with high-quality TPE rubber that is...
- AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE SIZES & COLORS: The Orbee-Tuff Diamond Plate dog toy comes in multiple colors...
Features: Made with 100% non-toxic Orbee-Tuff material, this ball has what it takes to stand up to repeated play sessions. Its textured surface allows for a good grip, and it has the bounce dogs love when playing ball.
There are three color options to choose from as well as two sizes, allowing you to customize your playtime fun.
The material is durable yet gentle on teeth, leaving worries about dental damage behind. It’s easy to clean too, and it doesn’t get that sopping wet feel that standard tennis balls do. It has bounce to it and floats, allowing for play wherever adventure takes you.
The ball is hollow and can be destroyed by destructive chewers. Small dogs may find that even the smaller size is too big to play with.
6. KONG Rubber Ball Extreme
- Power Chewing Dogs: The natural KONG Extreme black rubber formula is created to be very durable for...
- Fetch Toy: The extreme bounce makes this ball a great choice for fun games of fetch with lots of...
- Puncture Resistant: Your dog's health and safety is a primary concern at KONG. This toy is puncture...
- Medium/Large Dogs: Made for medium or large dogs size 15-65 lbs (7-30 kg).
Features: Designed with chewers in mind, KONG wasn’t playing around with their Rubber Ball Extreme. Its thick rubber construction is made to last and offers plenty of bounce for a rowdy game of fetch. The material is puncture resistant yet safe for chewing, eliminating the risk of broken teeth.
Note that some of these balls appear to come with holes in them, which are great for hiding treats in to make things more interesting. Others, however, lack this hole entirely. It isn’t entirely clear why KONG puts holes in some of their balls, but not others. But either version should be fun for your pooch.
Black is the only color available, though there are two sizes to choose from.
This was a clear winner in the durable ball category. Aggressive chewers probably won’t puncture it, and it has a lot of bounce which keeps playtime fun. It is easy to wipe down too, making cleanup a breeze.
As with similar toys, some dogs may dislike the material. It does have a rubbery smell, though that wears away with time. It also isn’t suitable for dogs under 15 pounds because of its size.
7. Classic KONG Dog Toy
About: The Classic KONG Dog Toy has become a dog toy aisle staple for a reason – it rocks! Durable and fun, it’s a versatile toy that works well for owner-dog play as well as solo chewing fun.
The Classic KONG is available in regular-strength red, as well as the “Extreme” black version, which is even more durable.
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Classic red rubber toy helps satisfy dogs' instinctual needs while...
- Fetch Toy: The KONG Classic's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other...
- Great For Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Classic is even more enticing when treat filled with bits of...
- Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Classic as one of the best...
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Extreme black rubber toy helps satisfy dogs' instinctual needs and...
- Fetch Toy: The KONG Extreme's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other...
- Great For Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Extreme is even more enticing when treat filled with bits of...
- Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Extreme as one of the best...
Features: The Classic KONG leaves little to be desired with its lasting thick rubber construction. And if your pooch has extra powerful jaws, the Classic KONG Extreme offers an even more durable option.
You can use either version for fetch, where its unpredictable bounce keeps pups guessing, or you can stuff it with peanut butter or other treats for some laid back fun.
The Classic KONG is available in six sizes, while the KONG Extreme is available in five. There aren’t many color options (the Classic version is red, while the Extreme version is black), but your dog won’t care anyway.
Owners and fur friends can’t bark up enough praise about both the Classic and Extreme KONG. They’re both multi-functional and easy to use, promising endless fun and enrichment. And while the rubber used in each version is durable, neither will crack teeth like real bones may. They’re also easy to clean.
While there are small sizes available, some toy breeds may be too tiny to enjoy these toys. The material can be a problem for picky pups too, and it comes with a rubber scent which can be initially off-putting.
8. Katie’s Bumpers Original Dog Toy
About: Playing tug and fetch on land and water has never been easier (or safer) than with Katie’s Bumpers Original Dog Toy. Easy to spot thanks to its bright color, it’s a must-have for outdoor fun.
- Made in the USA
- Dishwasher safe
- Made from recycled plastic
- Floats in water
Features: Made from recycled plastic, this eco-friendly dog toy is durable and safe. It floats, allowing your pooch’s wagging tail and water to meet at long last.
It also features a textured surface to enable your pooch to get a great grip, and the rope handle makes slobbery fingers a thing of the past.
Available in two bright colors, this bumper is hard to miss while bobbing in the water.
When it comes to water fun, there’s nothing better than this bumper. Its natural stick shape works well for fetch, and doggos don’t seem to mind the material. Easy to clean and durable, it’s worthy of serious consideration.
This might not be best for chewers, and while it isn’t very heavy, it might be too large for little guys. There is no squeaker in this bumper either, which disappoint puppers who love a good squeak.
9. ZippyPaws – Skinny Peltz No Stuffing Squeaky Plush Dog Toy
About: The stuffing won’t hit the fan with the ZippyPaws Skinny Peltz No Stuffing Squeaky Plush Dog Toy. A cuddly pick with squeakers galore, pups will love tossing this toy around.
- Fun Characters - Dogs will have hours of fun playing with 3 adorable woodland creatures such as the...
- Exclusive Noisemakers - Each large toy includes 3 high-quality round squeakers to deliver more sound...
- Durable Toys - Skinny Peltz dog toys contain no stuffing to ensure they last longer for a mess free...
- Just The Right Size - This fun filled plush set is 18 inches long, the perfect size for medium dogs...
Features: Furry friends and fuzzy toys go hand in hand, and the ZippyPaws Plush gets all the bones for offering tons of fun without the mess of stuffing.
Available in three woodland creature designs and two fun sizes, your pup has their pick of plush pals.
This stuffing-free plush deserves a round of a-paws for its design. While some dogs still might want to shred it to pieces, others may be less tempted due to the lack of filling. Multiple squeakers keep things interesting, and the long body-style allows for all sorts of fun whipping and tossing in play.
This is a plush toy, so it won’t stand up to chewers who are all about shredding things. Squeakers are also a choke and ingestion hazard, so keep an eye on pups while this plush is is use.
10. SodaPup Can-Toy Rubber Dog Chew Treat Dispenser
About: A soda can design is unique for sure, but the SodaPup Can Rubber Dog Chew offers hours of fun too. With its hidden treat compartment, it gives pups a tricky challenge to conquer while chewing away!
- MENTAL STIMULATION FOR DOGS: Create mental stimulation for dogs with our enrichment toys! This treat...
- ULTRA DURABLE NATURAL RUBBER: Dogs have a reputation of destroying everything they can chew on. Each...
- FDA COMPLIANT & PAW-PPROVED: Our dog treat stuffer toy is non-toxic and biodegradable. Each of our...
- HEALTHY SLOW FEEDER DOG TOY: A treat insert on the end of the dog treat can encourages slow dog...
Features: A durable pick made from non-toxic and biodegradable rubber, the SodaPup Can Dog Chew is ready for your chewer looking for a reward. Its inner cavity is great for hiding treats or stuffing with peanut butter or other spreadable snacks, keeping pups engaged.
There are three sizes and colors available to choose from.
Dogs love having a job to do, and the SodaPup Can gives them one with a reward. It’s great for keeping mischievous mutts’ chompers where they belong, and it’s wonderful for pups that need a challenge. The material is sturdy enough for strong jaws yet doesn’t run the risk of damaging teeth. Best of all, this chew toy is easy to clean.
As with other rubber toys, the material and smell can turn some doggo noses up in the air.
Why Buy US-Made Dog Toys?
These patriotic, US-made playthings don’t just support local businesses, they’re typically higher quality than imported ones too.
No one likes replacing toys since it gets pricey quick (and we need those dollars for treats), but more importantly, poorly made products can be doggone dangerous. The pieces of broken toys can be ingested, leading to life-threatening obstructions.
Safety also extends to chemical composition. Domestic manufacturers have stricter regulations than some international ones, who may use harmful ingredients in toy assembly.
Similar to the deadly dog food outbreak a few years back, foreign-made human toys have been found to contain dangerous heavy metals like lead on occasion. Pet toys are subjected to even less scrutiny than human toys are, so who knows what could be lurking in those made overseas!
On a lighter note, shipping for domestic products is usually quicker and cheaper too. That wins lots of tail wags from us since we love playtime!
What Kind of Toy Does Your Dog Need?
Every dog is different, as are their preferences, leading to many pupper playthings available on the market.
Just remember that all dogs are individuals, with different toy preferences. So, try to figure out which type of toy your dog will enjoy, so you can get the best bang for your buck.
Many dogs can’t get enough of playing fetch, making balls, flying discs, and bumps must-haves in some fur families. Retrievers are literally born to play fetch, while other breeds like Border Collies excel at dock jumping for bumpers.
With fetch dog toys, you want to make sure balls have bounce, so the fun keeps on rolling. If you’re planning on heading into the water, double-check that the product floats.
Also, an attached string handle is always a nice bonus, as it’ll prevent you from having to touch the slimy, slobber-covered portions of the toy.
A good game of tug-of-war is simply irresistible to most large working woofers like Rottweilers, shepherds, and bully breeds.
Playing tug is an excellent form of exercise and mental stimulation, keeping you and your pup fit as a fiddle. Tug toys are typically made in a rope or ring design, allowing you both to pull as you please.
Tug toys should be flexible, allowing for easy movement and safe use. Too hard of a tug toy material can damage a pupperino’s pearly whites, which sure would put the “ug” in tug.
As with fetch toys, attached strings are nice as they’ll allow you to hang on without having to get your hands all slimed-up from saliva.
Chew toys are favorites among many breeds, including various bull dogs and mastiffs. Puppies need a good chew too, preventing the terror of tiny teeth marks on furniture.
A quality chew toy is made of a material that doesn’t splinter. It’s important to select the right size as well to avoid a choking hazard or possible obstruction.
Cuddle toys are plush products like stuffed animals that give pups a buddy to play with.
Cuddle toys aren’t for heavy chewers, and usually have interactive features like squeakers or crinkly sections. Some lack stuffing, avoiding the dreaded stuffpocalypse on your living room floor.
Small guys like Pekingese and Shih Tzus are big fans of cuddle toys.
Just be sure to keep Buddy’s bad habits in mind when picking a cuddle toy. If he’s a chewer, we’d look elsewhere, and if he likes to eat things he shouldn’t, definitely skip them.
Finding the best American-made dog toy comes down to knowing Fluffy’s favorites. If he loves to chew, make sure you get him something sturdy, and if he’s bonkers about balls, buy something with bounce.
What are some of your doggo’s favorite toys? Do you stick to US-made toys? Have you tried any of the toys mentioned above?
Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!