Who doesn’t love an adorable pooch pic? After snapping a magazine-worthy picture of Spot, you can’t help but share it. However, coming up with a caption to accompany your canine can be tricky.
Whether your dog is already famous on Instagram or you just need the perfect tagline for a doggone adorable photo, these captions are here to help. Here are some of our favorite doggie Instagram captions for any occasion!
Funny Dog Captions
Our canines are practically comedians by default. Here are a couple of captions to complement your hilarious hound.
- Sponsored by bully sticks
- I wish I could text my dog
- You’re barking up the wrong tree
- My dog is cooler than your dog
- Never trust a person who doesn’t love dogs
- First they steal your heart, then they steal your bed
- Excuse me while I am absolutely adorable
- I’m pooped
- What’s up, dog?
- 2nd breakfast is late Dad/Mom
- Now giving nap lessons
- Will work for treats!
- Dog hair is just part of the furniture at my house
- Crazy dog lady
- Life is ruff when you’re this cute
- My therapist has four legs and a tail
- I may snooze, but I never lose
- Dog hair is my glitter
- Sweet dreams are made of treats
- Having a ball!
- I don’t always bark in the middle of the night, but when I do, it’s at nothing
- Rumor on the street is that I’m a very good boy/girl
- First he stole my heart, then he stole my bed
- Dog hair is my go-to accessory
- Just wondering why nobody is giving me treats rn hbu
- Beware of the dog, he will steal your heart
- The more men I meet, the more I love my dog
Sweet & Sentimental Dog Captions
Did you sneak a snap of your sweetheart? Here are a couple of captions to pair with your pooch.
- Warning: cuteness overload
- Dogs are my favorite kind of people
- This cute face is made possible by belly rubs
- Dog mom AF
- I get why they say “man’s best friend”
- You had me at woof
- My best friend
- Love is a four-legged word
- They call it puppy love
- The road to my heart is marked with paw prints
Punny Pooch Captions
Having a tough time coming up with the pawfect caption? One of these punny picks might be exactly what you’re looking for.
- I feel doggone fantastic
- I live for the ap-paws
- Is it FriYAY yet? It’s been a ruff week
- I woof spending time with you
- Anything is paw-sible with a dog by your side
- Do you like my self-pawtrait?
- I’m mutts about my dog
- Just can’t escape the pup-arazzi
- I didn’t choose the pug life, it chose me
- Thanks fur the memories
- Looking fetching today
- In this race, the wiener takes it all
- Bad to the bone
- Deck the paws!
- Collie me back!
- Merry Griffmas!
- Trust me, I’m a dog-tor
- Out on the town for a little barkour!
- I have too many dogs, said no one ever
- Coffee and dogs make the world go round
- Pawty for two!
- EmBARKing on a new journey
- Getting a new LEASH on life!
- Let’s raise the woof!
- Howl you doing?
- Fur-iends through thick and thin
- Life would be ruff without you
- I’m a su-paw-star
- I Labradore you
- Things happen. No need to terrier-self up about it
- He’s a diamond in the ruff
- Don’t stop retrieving
- So fur-ocious!
- This friendship is fur real
- Stop hounding me!
- I woof you so much
- Stay pawsitive
- It’s my paw-ty, I can bark if I want to!
- Bone Appétit!
- Live, laugh, bark
- You are pawfection
Famous Pooch Quotes for Dog Captions
Dogs have been loved since the dawn of time and it’s easy to see why. Consider using one of these famous pooch quotes for your canine caption.
- “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” —Nora Roberts
- “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around—that’s their job.” – George Carlin
- “A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” —Josh Billings
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” —Orhan Pamuk
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” —Elayne Boosler
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” —John Grogan
- “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”― M. K. Clinton
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” – Anatole France
- “I want to work like a dog, doing what I was born to do with joy and purpose. I want to play like a dog, with total, jolly abandon.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
- “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” – Dean Koontz
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole” – Roger Caras
- “Did you know that there are over 300 words for love in canine?”―Gabrielle Zevin
- “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.”―W.R. Purche
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” —Charles Schulz
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” — Louis Sabin
In Memorium Dog Captions
Saying goodbye to our furever friends is beyond difficult. Here are a couple of captions to honor your pooch when you’re at a loss for words.
- Forever best friend
- Thanks for the memories
- Heaven’s the place where all of the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you
- Until the day we meet again on the Rainbow Bridge
- The hardest part of having a dog is saying goodbye
- Forever loyal, forever loved
- I will never forget you
- You’ll always be in our hearts
- Gone but never forgotten
Clever Canine Captions
Does your dog keep you on your toes? If you have a clever canine at home, you might want to consider one of these captions.
- Wag more, bark less
- Welcome to the pooch palace
- A house isn’t a home without a dog
- Warning: I could become even cuter than this
- Who rescued who?
- The more people I meet, the more I love my dog
- Keep calm and bark on
- Now I get why they call them dog days
- It really is the dog’s house, we just pay the bills
- I’m here to pet all the dogs
- Bed head
- Be the person your dog thinks you are
- My dog is the only one who really gets me
- Love is a wet nose and a wagging tail
- It’s not drinking alone if your dog is home
- Dog people are my kind of people
- I’m a VIP: Very Important Puppy
General Dog Photo-Taking Tips!
Now that you have some great caption ideas, it’s time to make sure you have photos that’ll do justice to your words! Check out these articles that are full of tips for making sure you’re getting spectacular snaps of Spot!
- The Best Dog Poses for Pictures: Perfect photos start with the perfect pooch poses!
- Dog Photography Tips: From lighting to gear to framing Fido in fantastic fashion, we’ve assembled 31 of the best dog photography tips to employ.
- Dog Photo Shoot Props: Bring your photos to life by posing your pupperino with these items.
- How to Take a Selfie with Your Dog: Trying to snap a pic of you and your floof? Check out these awesome selfie-taking tips for some great ideas!
- How to Become a Pet Photographer: Ready to transform your hobby into a career? We provide some tips for becoming a professional pooch photographer!
There are plenty of ways to caption pictures of our pooches. Hopefully, this list makes it easier for you to find the perfect caption for your canine whenever you’re in a pinch.
Does your dog have an Instagram? Which caption was your favorite? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!