GoPro Dog Harness
The GoPro Dog Harness (aka GoPro Fetch) and be hooked onto your dog in a two different ways. You can hook the harness so that the camera rests on your dog’s back, or by his chest.
- Adjustable Straps. The GoPro Dog Harness features adjustable straps so that it can fit any canine, large or small.
- Two Different Point of Views. The harness is designed to provide you with two different POVs for video recording – you can attach your GoPro camera at your dog’s chest (below his collar), or on top of his back.
- Easy To Attach and Remove Camera. The GoPro dog harness features a quick release base so that it’s fast and easy to remove or attach your GoPro camera to the harness.
- Washable and Waterproof. The harness is machine washable, meaning you don’t need to stop your dog from tearing through the mud and swimming through the swamps (although a bath time will definitely be in order).
- Padded for Dog Comfort. This GoPro dog harness is padded at adjustment points to ensure that your dog is happy and comfortable while going on adventures!
- Available from Amazon. Can be purchased on Amazon.
- Generally decent reviews, getting 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Most recommend the top back mount position over the chest mount position, which tends ti create shakier footage.
- Reviewers say that this GoPro dog harness is really best suited towards bigger dogs (45lb and more).
- Buyers note that the harness is very easy to put on.
- Some buyers find that the main straps come lose and fall off when the dog shakes.
- Some reviewers find the footage to be too shakey, but others say it’s fine.
3rd Party GoPro Dog Mounts
In addition to the official GoPro Dog Harness, there are several other competing GoPro mounts you may be interested in checking out.
Luxbell Dog Harness for GoPro
The Luxbell dog harness for GoPro cameras features a very similar design to the official GoPro Fetch dog harness.
This dog camera harness features:
- Adjustable straps, allowing it to work for dogs of various shapes and sizes.
- Padded for comfort at all adjustment points.
- Tough enough to hold up to swimming, splashing, and mud rolling.
- Quick and easy camera release with easy to use buckles.
- Available from Amazon
Again, consumers note that this harness is better suited for larger dogs and that footage could be shaky at times (then again, how steady can it ever be with a moving four-legged canine?)
Kurgo Dog Camera Harness
The Kurgo dog camera harness is another product similar to the official GoPro version, but at a more affordable price point.
- Designed to work with GoPro cameras or Sony Action Cam.
- Mount camera to dog’s chest or back.
- Broad, padded chest area for canine comfort.
- Quick release buckles to easily attach and remove camera.
- Available from Amazon for purchase
One major difference of this dog camera harness is that the Kurgo version comes in several different sizes:
- Small: Fits dogs 10-25 lbs, with 12-20 inch neck and 16-22 inch chest.
- Medium: Designed for dogs 25-50 lbs, with 16-25 inch neck and 18-28 chest.
- Large: Fits 50-80 lbs dogs, with 18-30 inch neck and 24-34 inch chest.
- Extra Large: Fits dogs 80-110 lbs, with 24-35 inch neck and 28-44 inch chest.
Kurgo Dog Camera Harness Reviews
NOTE: Many reviewers were unhappy with the Kurgo harness because it does not come with GoPro mounts. If you order this to use with the GoPro, make sure that you have your own GoPro mounts to use with the Kurgo dog harness.