Peanut Butter CBD Dog Treats
What dog doesn’t love peanut butter? This tasty DIY CBD dog treat recipe will have your pooch relaxed with a full belly.
Note: This recipe makes approximately 20 dog biscuits
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil (see our list of the best dog CBD oils)
Warning: Make sure to check the ingredients for your apple sauce and peanut butter to ensure they don’t contain any preservatives or sweeteners that are toxic to dogs (most notable xylitol). For dogs, plainer is better!
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil together in a medium-sized bowl.
- While stirring, add in the baking soda and flour.
- Mix thoroughly until everything is well-combined. Look for a dough-like consistency. Add a little more flour or water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls that are 1/4 of an inch thick (or use fun-shaped doggie cookie cutters).
- Place dog cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Wait until the dog treats have cooled. Once cooled, add the CBD oil to the treats (use the amount of CBD oil as instructed according to the CBD manufacturer – for example, if your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat).
- Allow the CBD oil to soak into the dog cookies.
- Store the CBD dog biscuits in an airtight container and give to your dog as is recommended via the dosage.