Are you obsessed with fluffy dogs? Looking for a name for your new furry floof? Why not name your fuzzy pooch something fur-related!
There are tons of themed names for your fuzzball pal, so check out this list of name ideas!
Popular Fluffy Dog Breeds
Any dog can be named something fur-inspired, but this list highlights a few exceptionally fluffy breeds that are perfect for a fuzzy name.
Here are some pooches we think would be great with a fluffy name:
- Pomeranian. Pomeranians are petite pups with fluff that can double their size. These pooches are classified as toy dogs, given their small stature, and they originate from Germany and Poland. They’re also often referred to as “teddy bear dogs” due to their too-cute-to-handle look. They have incredibly puffy fur and are generally tan in color. These pups are a great fit for a fluffy dog name because they are practically made up of fur!
- Husky. Huskies are native to chilly places and thrive in the cold weather. Their thick coats act as insulation against wind and rain, so they’re accustomed to icy temps. We think huskies are a great candidate for a fluff-inspired name because a husky’s fur is his biggest asset!
- Poodle. Poodles are well known for their curly fur, but in addition to being exceptionally cute, these pooches are hypoallergenic, meaning that you won’t have to worry about shedding OR sneezing!
- Bichon Frise. The Bichon Frise is one of the most iconic fluffy dogs, and although not everyone knows their name, they are quite identifiable. These furballs are on the small end, classified as toy dogs. They sport thick ringleted fur that is usually white.
- Chow Chow. This pooch comes from China, where the Chinese translation of its name actually means “puffy lion dog”. This nickname is so fitting because these pups have so much golden fur that it looks like they have a mane!
- Samoyed. The Samoyed is actually native to Siberia, and has historically been used to herd reindeer. These dogs are pure white and have puffy fur to protect themselves from the elements. The puffiest part might actually be their tails, which look like cotton candy!
Common Fluffy Dog Names
- Fur Ball
- Teddy Bear
Fluffy Names Inspired By Fluffy Dogs
- Pom-Pom (Inspired by the Pomeranian)
- Sammy (Inspired by the Samoyed)
- Chow (Inspired by the Chow Chow)
- Songshi Quan/Song (The Chinese name for the Chow Chow, with the translation is “puffy lion dog”)
- Lion / Lionheart (considering Chow Chows are often referred to as “lion dogs”)
Ironic Fluffy Dog Names:
- Charmin (Charmin Toilet Paper)
- Harry (Or Hairy)
Cute Fluffy Dog Names:
- Fuzzy Feet
- Floof (internet slang for fluffy dog)
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Dust Bunny
- Nimbus (A type of cloud)
- Fozzie (After Fozzie Bear from The Muppets)
- Cream Puff
Fluffy Dog Names In Different Languages
- Peluche (Spanish for fluffy)
- Suave (Spanish for soft)
- Peludo (Spanish for Furry)
- Duveteux (French for Fluffy)
- Flou (French for Fuzzy)
- Doux (Soft)
- Pushinka (Russian for Fluffy)
Animal Inspired Fluffy Dog Names
- Ducky (Baby Ducks are some of the softest animals in the world!)
- Silkie (This is actually a type of chicken! But super cute, we promise!)
And floof-friendly dog names we missed? Share your top picks for best fluffy dog names in the comments!
Also make sure to read our articles on: