If you’ve got a pooch who has survived trials and tribulations, a survivor-themed dog name is a must.
From health problems to rescue stories, dog lovers understand that underdogs embody a special kind of spirit. Survival words in different languages are a unique way to start a conversation about your pooch’s story. Several common yet beautiful names additionally come with origins rooted in survival words.
Survivor, courageous, fighter, warrior—select a word or synonym that exemplifies your pooch’s unique story!
“Survivor” in Different Languages
- Bizirik (survivor in Basque)
- Julgus (courage in Estonian)
- Mut (courage in German)
- Niedobitek (survivor in Polish)
- Odwaga (courage in Polish)
- Oorlewende (survivor in Afrikaans)
- Owasinda (survivor in Zulu)
- Prezivio (survivor in Croation)
- Sigur (triumphant in Icelandic)
- Survivant (survivor in French)
- Tulelo (survivor in Hungarian)
- Ushindi (triumphant in Swahili)
- Lutador (fighter in Portugal)
- Pugnator (fighter in Latin)
Foreign Words That Mean Something Similar to “Survivor”
- Basil – Arabic name meaning “brave”
- Bellatrix – Latin name meaning “warrior,” also, the name of a star
- Cayden – Welsh name meaning “fight” or “fighter”
- Dustin – German name meaning “fighter”
- Elda – Italian name meaning “warrior”
- Imelda – Spanish name meaning “warrior”
- Jimmu – Japanese name meaning “divine warrior”
Do you have any other ideas for names that would be great for survivor dogs? Share your top ideas in the comments!
Also, be sure to check out some of our other articles full of dog name ideas!