A workaholic in heart and soul, the Border Collie was specifically bred and used to herd livestock. And she does it with so much zeal!
But be warned – without sheep to herd, she’ll round up and assemble any living creature, including your kids.
The Border Collie is highly intelligent and loyal. There boisterous spirit and lovely coloring makes them quite popular, and as a result, there are many awesome cross-bred pups created by combining the best of the Border Collie with other loveable dog breeds.
Have a look at our list of the top 17 choices of Border Collie mixed breeds!
1. Border Aussie: Border Collie x Australian Shepherd
The union between a Border Collie and Australian Shepherd delivers this stunningly tri-colored Border Aussie.
2. Border Jack: Border Collie x Jack Russell Terrier
Mixing the Collie with a Jack Russell produces the little fox-lookalike – the Border Jack.
3. Border Collie Pit: Border Collie x Pit Bull
This general on duty is a Border Collie Pit – a hybrid of the Border Collie and Pitbull.
4. Borderdoodle: Border Collie x Poodle
Can we hear an “Awwww….?” This little fur-ball is the result of merging a Border Collie and Poodle, giving us a Borderdoodle.
5. Borador: Border Collie x Labrador
The exquisite Borador is a cross between a Border Collie and Labrador.
6. Border Point: Border Collie x Pointer
“I can hear you whispering over there!” The Border Point is a stunning mix of the Border Collie and Pointer.
7. Border Heeler: Border Collie x Blue Heeler
These adorable bat-ears belong to the Border Heeler – a blend of Border Collie and Blue Heeler.
8. Bodacion: Border Collie x Dalamation
This little irresistible mug belongs to the Bodacion: a Border Collie and Dalmatian union.
9. Border Pyrenees: Border Collie x Great Pyrenees
Our Border Pyrenees is begging for only one more biscuit. This golden girl is a mix of Great Pyrenees and Border Collie.
10. Bordernese: Border Collie x Bernese Mountain Dog
The hypnotizing stare belongs to the Bordernese – a Collie and Bernese Mountain Dog cross.
11. Border Beagle: Border Collie x Beagle
This floppy-eared Border Beagle calls the Border Collie “Mom” and the Beagle “Dad”.
12. Border Newfie: Border Collie x Newfoundland
This Border Newfie will cover you in sloppy kisses with every opportunity. He’s the beautiful combo between a Border Collie and Newfoundland.
13. Borderland: Border Collie x Shetland Sheepdog
This long-haired lass is an exquisite and dainty mix of Border Collie and Shetland Sheepdog.
14. Border Schnollie: Border Collie x Schnauzer
“I hear the cookie jar!” says our Border Schnollie, a crossbreed between the Border Collie and Schnauzer (be sure to check out our full guide to Schnauzer mixes for more Schnaz-tastic mixes).
15. Borgie: Border Collie x Corgi
Borgi down below is a Border Collie and Corgi combination.
16. Great Collie: Border Collie x Great Dane
“Whatchoo mean I have to sleep on the floor?” The Border Collie and Great Dane mix prefers your bed to his own.
17. Dobie: Border Collie x Doberman
Our whiskery friend over here is called a Dobie, who sports both Border Collie and Doberman genes.
We hope you’ve had a bucket load of fun reading about all the Border Collie mixed breeds out there. Please let us know which Collie combo is your favorite, and don’t forget to post a photo of your fur-baby down below!
Want more incredible crosses? Check out our lists on: